Gamma Mu Lambda Chapter Brother Spotlight
In this space we shine the spotlight on a different member of the Gamma Mu Lambda Chapter who embodies the excellence of our chapter
BRO. OSCAR GOOLSBY
Date, Chapter of Initiation:
- MAY 20, 1979, Nu Gamma Chapter
- Atlanta, Ga
- Attended University of West Georgia College (formally West Georgia College) in Carrollton, Ga. and University of Phoenix.
- Earned Bachelor of Science in Nursing and Master Business Administration with concentration Healthcare Administration.
- New Church of Faith School of Ministry (Orlando, FL) Ordained Reverend/Elder
- American Board-Certified Gastroenterology Registered Nurse
- Nurse Executive for Department of Veterans Affairs (current duty station Tallahassee, Florida)
- Happily married to the lovely Kimberly Baker Goolsby for 20 years and proud father of three. Oscar II and two daughters Bianca and Sommer Grace. Two grandsons (Mason and Jackson).
Other Family Greek Members :
- Daughter Bianca is a member of Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority
- Daughter Sommer Grace is a part of Pearls of Perfection
Professional, Social Affiliations :
- Member of Nation Association for the Advancement of Color People (NAACP)
- Member of Society of Gastroenterology Nurses and Associates
- Member of Celebrate New Life Tabernacle Church (Tallahassee, FL)
Most Memorable ΑΦΑ Moment :
- Receiving Epsilon Pi Lambda Chapter (Ocala, FL) Brother of the year award for Community and Civic Engagement. Lead community efforts to successfully force county officials to remove the Confederate battle flag from flying in front of Marion County Municipal Offices in Ocala Florida.
Favorite Tallahassee Spots:
- Visiting the great outdoor recreational parks such as Tom Brown and Cascade Parks
- I enjoy traveling with family and spending time supporting younger daughter and grand-kids at sporting events.
Most Memorable Trip:
- Hiking up to the beautiful waterfalls of Hawaii.
- Visiting the Billy Graham Training Center in Asheville North Carolina.
What Alpha Means To You:
- Alpha means the beginning to me. If anything is worthy to behold, it has been held by an Alpha Man. Alpha means brotherhood that surpasses all other Koinonia (fellowship). It is the essence of what Brother Sidney P. Brown penned in his poem “House of Alpha”.
GOODWILL is the monarch of this house
Men, unacquainted, enter, shake hands,
exchange greetings, and depart friends.
Cordiality exists among all who abide within.
I am the eminent expression of friendship.
Character and temperament change under my dominant power.
Lives, once touched by me become tuned,
and are thereafter, amiable, kindly, fraternal.